Yellowknife 3 Nights Aurora Hunting, Viewing Package Experience at Aboriginal Camp, and in Aurora Lakeview Cabin Including Hotel Accommodation
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Product code: HCAVB2
Hunt for the mystical Aurora Borealis, or more commonly known as the Northern Lights, experience aurora viewing in cozy cabin and then absorb indigenous culture at Aboriginal aurora viewing camp whilst waiting for aurora to mesmerize you.
- 4 Days 3 nights accommodation at either one of the following hotels; Nova Inn, Quality Inn or Super 8 hotel with option to upgrade to Explorer or Chateau Nova hotel for extra cost
- 1 nights Aurora Hunting Tour including snacks and beverages
- 1 night aurora viewing at Aurora Lakeview Cabin including light meal
- 1 night aurora viewing experience in tee-pee at Aboriginal camp (alternative aurora viewing in cabin or at Arctic Ice Fishing camp cabins when Aboriginal camp is closed).
- 1 dinner voucher at local restaurant
- Yellowknife Sightseeing Tour
- Airport, hotel & tours transportation
- 2 free group pics for aurora hunting tour
- Winter clothing rental (extra)
- Hotel Upgrade (extra)
- Day time activities (extra optional add-ons)
- Tips and gratuities (highly recommended)
- Anything not listed in inclusions
Day 1: Arrival Yellowknife - Aurora Hunting Tour
Upon arrival your guide will assist you with hotel transfer. Day time of the arrival is free time to explore Yellowknife at your own pace or you can book some of our fun day tours available.
Evening:- Aurora Hunting Tour - hotel pick up followed by a guided northern searching tour. Your experienced aurora hunter/guide will share with you science and myth behind aurora. On your way to your first viewing location absorb aurora photography knowledge from your guide that your guide/aurora hunter will share. On this tour your driver/guide will take you to several aurora viewing locations for ultimate aurora experience. Complimentary snacks and hot beverages will be provided at your request. After fun night of aurora hunting your driver guide will drop you back to hotel..
Day 2: Yellowknife Sightseeing Tour and Aurora Viewing in Cabin
Day time: - Your day starts early with Yellowknife Sightseeing tour. On the tour learn the history of Yellowknife from your knowledgeable guide. Visit historical buildings in Yellowknife and tour Legislative Assembly, Prince of Whales Northern Heritage museum, old town, ice road/ice castle exploration) and your professional guide will share local interesting facts of Yellowknife uniqueness.
Evening:- Aurora Viewing Tour - Your second night of aurora viewing experience starts with hotel pick up and after hotel pick up your guide will share some camera settings information as your driver takes you to a warm Aurora Lakeview cabin located far away from the city light pollution. Enjoy some fresh home made bread and soup whilst waiting for aurora to dance the night for you. At the end of tour your driver will drop you back to hotel.
Day 3: Dinner Voucher and Aurora Viewing at Aboriginal camp
Day time: - Free to explore on your own or if you wish you can join some of our day time activities.
Evening: - Enjoy local dinner from pre arranged vouchers from Yellowknife local restaurant. After dinner pick up from hotel and transfer to aboriginal aurora viewing camp. Aboriginal Camp is set up with tee-pee and cabin to explore and warm up whilst waiting for aurora. At the end of tour hotel drop off's follows. Complementary hot beverages provided.
Day 4: - Hotel Check-Out and Airport Departures
Hotel pick up and transfer to Yellowknife airport. Your transfer to YZF airport from hotel commence two hours prior to your departure flight time.
** Please note day-time tours minimum 4 participants for tour to be executed. In the event that your day-time tour date didn't reach minimum number of participants Arctic Tours Canada may change your day tour schedule to a date/time that meet minimum number of participants.**
- Yellowknife Sightseeing Tour - (3 - 3.5) hours
- Aurora Hunting Tour - (4 - 4.5) hours
- Aurora Viewing in Cabin - (4 - 4.5) hours
- Aurora Viewing in Aboriginal camp (4 hours)
*Aboriginal camp is open from December 18 - April 7. Packages with arrival dates before and after aboriginal camp closure dates, night of aurora viewing in aboriginal camp will be amended to aurora viewing experience at Aurora Lakeview cabin.*